.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Classically Speaking:
Promoting Classic Movies in a Jaded World!

Monday, October 26, 2015

MAUREEN O'HARA?

Maureen O'Hara




 MAUREEN O'HARA (1920-2015), born Maureen FitzSimons










The Quiet Man (1952)Haven't you seen The Quiet Man (1952)? I first rented it, because Maureen O'Hara (of The Parent Trap fame) was in it, and it seemed interesting enough. I was maybe fourteen at the time, and I can safely say that this is the movie that started it all! I LOVED it, and began watching more and more so called "classic" films. I also decided I had to see every movie Maureen O'Hara ever made, every movie John Wayne ever made, and every movie John Ford ever directed.... I'm a few movies short of completing my mission! :) Oh and by the way, another way this movie changed my life is that it got me hooked on Irish culture... I even have a tiny clover tattoo on my ankle.


Watch this and then see these other four films.



The Parent Trap (1961) For her wonderful comedic timing - I think I have watched this movie over 200 times. I honestly believe that. The first time I saw it was when I was five years old, and I used to rent it over and over again (this was before I ever thought of BUYING movies LOL) till my Mom would go nuts. It's really a fairytale for kids, but even as a grownup I watch it sometimes and still enjoy it as much.
The Deadly Companions (1961) A rare gem
Rio Grande (1950) Ahh, she was SO good with the Duke
Dance, Girl, Dance (1940) "One of her early roles"


*Contributed by: "Leehee" Date: Mon, May 7 2001 / 21:02:38 PST

0 Comments: