.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Classically Speaking:
Promoting Classic Movies in a Jaded World!

Friday, October 07, 2005

DEAN JONES?

Dean Jones


The first time I saw DEAN JONES (1931-Present) was in The Love Bug. I was nine at the time. I thought he was hilarious. I watched every Disney film he starred in after that.






The Love Bug (1969)Haven't you seen The Love Bug (1969)? This is a wonderful movie and I still have my original long playing record with the story soundtrack. I listened to that over and over. Dean Jones plays Jim Douglas who buys a Volkswagen bug having no idea it has a mind of its own.


Watch this and then see these other four films.


The Ugly Dachshund (1966) This is one of my all-time favorite Disney films. It's about a great dane that thinks he's a dachshund. Dean Jones plays the dog's owner. Suzanne Pleshette co-stars.
That Darn Cat (1965) Dean plays a detective who must trace a cat's nightly ritual prowl to find a kidnapped woman. There's only one problem. He's allergic to cats. Hayley Mills plays the cat's owner.
Monkeys, Go Home! (1967) I've always liked films with chimpanzees in them. It's a fantasy of course, that you could rear them like children. Technically, they are apes not monkeys. Monkeys have tails. That's just something I learned frequenting the zoo.
Blackbeard's Ghost (1968) I don't like horror flicks, so this is as close to Halloween as I go. I like comedies and fantasies with ghosts in them. This one is a fun romp.


*Contributed by: "Elizabeth Van Cleve Randolph" Date: Thurs, Oct 6 2005 / 23:49:00 PST

0 Comments: