.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Classically Speaking:
Promoting Classic Movies in a Jaded World!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

FREDDIE BARTHOLOMEW?

Freddie Bartholomew

The first film I ever saw FREDDIE BARTHOLOMEW (1924-1992) in was David Copperfield. I loved him. I enjoyed seeing a wonderfully sweet boy. Born Frederick Llewellyn March, Freddie has played everything from the perfect child to the spoiled rich brat.





Captains Courageous (1937)Haven't you seen Captains Courageous (1937)? This was a more recent discovery of mine and a wonderful movie. See this film to see both Freddie Bartholomew and Spencer Tracy. They are a great team.


Watch this and then see these other four films.


David Copperfield (1935) I'll never forget the long walk David Copperfield takes in this film. It's a great movie.
Little Lord Fauntleroy (1936) This is one of my favorite Frances Hodgson Burnett stories.
Kidnapped (1938) This is a very good Robert Louis Stevenson story.
Tom Brown's School Days (1940) I'll never forget seeing this one as a kid. I thought about it for weeks.


*Contributed by: "Elizabeth Van Cleve Randolph" Date: Wed, Oct 12 2005 / 10:47:00 PDT

0 Comments: