.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Classically Speaking:
Promoting Classic Movies in a Jaded World!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

MAE WEST?

Mae West

MAE WEST (1893-1980), born Mary Jane West

Mae redefined sex; so much so that she almost single-handedly brought on stricter censorship in Hollywood films. She also managed to get banned from radio. Pretty tame today, but not 60 years ago.




My Little Chickadee (1940)Haven't you seen My Little Chickadee (1940)? "Any time you've got nothin' to do and lots of time to do it, come up."


Watch this and then see these other four films.



I'm No Angel (1933) "It's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men."
She Done Him Wrong (1933) "Why don't you come up sometime and see me?"
Klondike Annie (1936) "Whenever I'm caught between evils, I take the one I never tried."
Goin' To Town (1935) "Cigarette me, Cossack."


*Contributed by: "Eric Jamborsky" Date: Wed, Oct 12 2005 / 14:11:08 PDT

0 Comments: