.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Classically Speaking:
Promoting Classic Movies in a Jaded World!

Friday, October 14, 2005

TOMMY KIRK?

Tommy Kirk



TOMMY KIRK (1941-present), born Thomas Lee Kirk, comes to mind when I think of the favorite Disney films of my childhood. I grew up in the sixties and Tommy Kirk was one of my favorite child stars.






Old Yeller (1957)Haven't you seen Old Yeller (1957)? He plays the oldest son, Travis Coates. This performance is brilliant. Old Yeller is Travis's dog.

Watch this and then see these other four films.



Swiss Family Robinson (1960) He plays the middle son, Ernst Robinson. This film is one of my all-time favorite non-animated Disney films. Incidentally, it was Tommy Kirk's favorite.
The Shaggy Dog (1959) He plays the main character in this one. Yes, he's the dog. I guess I should clarify that. As Wilby Daniels, he becomes the dog. It's a cute family film.
The Misadventures of Merlin Jones (1964) He plays the title role, Merlin Jones. I love funny films with crack-pot inventions.
The Absent Minded Professor (1961) He plays the bad guy's son, Biff Hawk.


*Contributed by: "Elizabeth Van Cleve Randolph" Date: Fri, Oct 14 2005 / 07:48:00 PDT

0 Comments: