.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Classically Speaking:
Promoting Classic Movies in a Jaded World!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Nina M.'s TOP 20 FAVOURITE CLASSIC MOVIE QUOTES

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
Listed here, alphabetically by film title, are my top 20 favourite movie quotes from classic movies.


"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."
Arsenic and Old Lace [1944] (Mortimer Brewster)

"Oh it was nobody's fault but my own, I was looking up. It was the nearest thing to heaven you were there."
An Affair To Remember [1957] (Terry Mack)

"Wouldja do me a favor, Harry? Drop Dead."
Born Yesterday [1950] (Billie Dawn)

"Madness. Madness."
The Bridge on the River Kwai [1957] (Maj. Clipton)

"It isn't that I don't like you Susan, because after all, in moment of quiet I'm strangely drawn towards you, but, well there haven't been any quiet moments."
Bringing Up Baby [1938] (Dr. David Huxley)

"I do not know how to kiss or I would kiss you. Where do the noses go?"
For Whom the Bell Tolls [1943] (Maria)

"Hello Gorgeous."
Funny Girl [1968] (Fanny Brice)

"After all, tomorrow is another day."
Gone With the Wind [1939] (Scarlett O'Hara)

"Frankly my dear I dont give a damn."
Gone With the Wind [1939] (Rhett Butler)

"What is it you want Mary, What do you want? You want the moon just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."
It's A Wonderful Life [1946] (George Bailey)

"Look Daddy, teacher says every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."
It's A Wonderful Life [1946] (Zuzu Bailey)

"You're lit from within, Tracy, you've got fires banked down in you, hearth-fires and holocausts."
The Philadelphia Story [1940] (Mike Connor)

"Mr. Allen, this may come as a shock to you, but there are some men who don't end every sentence with a proposition."
Pillow Talk [1959] (Jan Morrow)

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."
Rebecca [1940] (The second Mrs De Winter-V.O)

"Why don't you come up sometime and see me."
She Done Him Wrong [1933] (Lady Lou)

"What do they think I am dumb or something? Why I make more money than Calvin Coolidge put together."
Singin' in the Rain [1952] (Lina Lamont)

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like Jello on springs, she must have some sort of built-in motor. I tell you, it's a whole different sex."
Some Like it Hot [1959] (Jerry)

"Well, nobody's perfect."
Some Like it Hot [1959] (Osgood Fielding III)

"Nobody has ever escaped from Stalag 17. Not alive anyway."
Stalag 17 [1953] (Oberst Von Scherbalit)

"There's no place like home."
The Wizard of Oz [1939] (Dorothy Gale)


*Contributed by: Nina M. Date: Wed, Nov 23 2005 / 07:04:17 PST

Movie still displayed: Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

1 Comments:

  • excellent list....i always get tears in my eyes thinking of Terry McKay and Nicky Ferrante, "it was the nearest thing to heaven..."
    I'll stop by again soon! Great site!

    By Blogger Hillary, at Wed May 03, 10:50:00 AM PDT