.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Classically Speaking:
Promoting Classic Movies in a Jaded World!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

BRIAN KEITH?

Brian KeithBRIAN KEITH (1921-1997), born Robert Keith Richey Jr. was a wonderful actor in both westerns and family pictures. Was it The Parent Trap on black and white television where I first learned of Brian Keith or the popular television show, "Family Affair"? I don't know, but it seems that I've always known him and liked him. I hope you will, too.




The Parent Trap (1961)Haven't you seen The Parent Trap (1961)? A favorite scene in this film that always brings tears to my eyes is between Brian Keith and Maureen O'Hara. They are in the kitchen together and Mitch tells Maggie how much he's missed her. It's a very moving scene.

Watch this and then see these other four films.


The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming! (1966) This is one of those films that I hadn't seen growing up and was surprised that I'd missed such a gem. It's a comedy and Brian Keith plays Link Mattocks.
Savage Sam (1963) This western is the sequel to Old Yeller. Brian Keith plays Uncle Beck Coates. It's a great adventure film. I bought it in an Old Yeller/Savage Sam combo DVD set.
Those Calloways (1965) Brian Keith plays Cam Calloway, a man with a dream. He and his family want to build a sanctuary for the geese that fly over every year. This is a nice Disney film.
With Six You Get Egg Roll (1968) This film is sheer fluff. And I like fluff. In her last film, Doris Day plays Abby McClure and Brian Keith plays Jake Iverson. Abby is a widow with three sons and Brian has a teenage daughter. The kids do not want Abby and Jake to stay together.


*Contributed by: "Elizabeth Van Cleve Randolph" Date: Wed, Aug 16, 2006 / 07:54:28 PST

0 Comments: